Friday, March 28, 2014

THE DAY AFTER JENNNIFER'S "CELEBRATION OF LIFE"

THIS IS A PICTURE OF JENNIFER , ME, DAVE AND JILL SCHULTZE THE DAY JENNIFER BECAME A SERGEANT OF THE CITY OF OLATHE POLICE DEPARTMENT.  THIS WAS TAKEN IN JUNE, 2006.  THIS WAS BEFORE NATALIE BRIGHT CAME BACK INTO HER LIFE.  THIS WAS ONE OF THE HAPPIEST DAYS IN MY  DAUGHTER'S LIFE.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON MY BLOG BY SENDING ME AN E-MAIL YOU CAN SEND TO:  jennifersmominlenexa@yahoo.com
 

DECEMBER 1, 2010

TRUTH


The check that Natalie Bright wrote was dated December 1, 2010 and the amount was $200.00 for "babysitting 11/14-11 - 11/30/10".  The last day I physically kept Owen all day was the day Jennifer Morgan died (11/24/10).  I still have the check.  I received this hurtful piece of trash after my grandson loses his mom and this note let me know Natalie Bright intended for him to lose me and his grandpa as well.  I knew Natalie Bright was an uncaring and mean person and this only confirmed it.  I had called her a couple of times before Jennifer Morgan's service and asked if I could see Owen.  I was told "NO" both times.  I asked to talk to him on the phone and the answer was "NO".

I had just attended my daughter's funeral on the 30th.  She mailed the note and check December 2, 2010.  So, I assume she had been to the City of Olathe, Kansas Police Department Human Resources Department on the day following Jennifer's service December 1, 2010.  I know now this little visit was to confirm that Natalie Bright was the sole beneficiary on all of Jennifer Morgan's policies with the City of Olathe, Kansas Police Department.

Jennifer and I never discussed any of her benefits.  The only thing she ever said was she had money of her own. 

Captain Greg O'Halloran came to our house the day after Jennifer's service December 1, 2010 because he had called and we did not feel like answering the phone especially to him, so he just took it upon himself to come to the house.  I think basically he was told by Chief Steve Menke, City of Olathe, Kansas Police Department, to make sure I wasn't going to cause any trouble.  He intimated that's what they all wanted to know and he was going to take care of it (me).  He finally left with no commitment from me.  I had just attended the debacle of a funeral service for my baby and their only worry was me and causing trouble.


At this moment in time it was so clear that Natalie Bright, Danny Bright, Gail Fagen, Sarah Tackett, Bill Wall, Greg O'Halloran and Chief Steve Menke did not now or ever care one bit about Jennifer Morgan and that is when I vowed to fight to get to see Owen Bright, my grandson, Jennifer's son and see about getting some visitation with him.

On December 3, 2010 I received the above note and check from Natalie Bright.  My husband and I knew from the tone of the note Natalie Bright intended to keep him from ever seeing us again.  The next day we made an appointment with a lawyer, Lisa Brunner a gay and lesbian rights attorney in Kansas City, Missouri.  She was recommended by Jill Schultze, Jennifer's childhood friend.  Lisa Brunner would meet with us at our home on December 7, 2010 to discuss a "Grandparents Rights" case.

On December 6, 2010 Anita Dickey and Mary Miller, who worked in the City of Olathe, Kansas Police Department Human Resources Department called.  I looked at the caller I.D. and it came up "City of Olathe" and for just a split second I thought they made a mistake and Jennifer was really alive and I really mean for a split second I had hope.

This is an aside from my story, but as I think of different things about Jennifer I will insert them in this blog.  And, if I should die before I get to see my grandson again, I want him to read this blog and know some things about his real mother Jennifer Morgan.

When Jennifer was born, I had been bleeding for a long time.  I called my mother and asked her what I should do.  Well, the obvious answer was CALL THE DOCTOR, which I did.  My mother picked me up and we went to the hospital.  The placenta was coming first so they induced labor and I had her in about 3 hours.  They put me out because they thought I might lose her.

She came out perfect except for one minor detail.  She was completely pigeon toed.  When she was about 4 months old I was instructed by my pediatrician to take her to The Dickson & Dively Clinic.  They were orthopedists.  They gave me a prescription for "special shoes and a special bar" that attached to the shoes after I put them on her.  We got the shoes that looked like casts.  They were awful.  She had to wear them all the time and when she went down for a nap or for the night I had to attach a metal bar to the bottom of the shoes which held her feet apart at a horizontal position as to straighten her feet.  She could only lay on her back or stomach.  To me that was unusual and cruel treatment of my child.  I had to do that until her feet showed signs of straightening out.  Needless to say, Jennifer screamed bloody murder every time I got the "bar" out.  However, after about 4 months, her feet straightened out and we got to put the bar away and continue wearing those awful shoes.

I also want to tell you about a basketball team Jennifer played on.  They were called the "Kansas Belles".  The teams consisted of all the top area players from various high schools.  The girls gave Jennifer a nickname.  It was "CUJO".  If any of you remember the movie you will know what that name signifies.  Jennifer played basketball like a "rabid dog" that wouldn't quit until it was put down.

See the following:

Her nickname followed her until she quit playing ball for any team.  I did call her CUJO for a long time and so did her friends.

That was the kind of girl/woman Jennifer Morgan was.  So, you can imagine the "SPIRIT" flowing out of her after her 3 year tenure with Natalie Bright, Danny Bright, Gail Fagen and Sarah Tackett. And her 17 years with Captain (at that time) Greg O'Halloran, Chief Steve Menke  and the City of Olathe, Kansas Police Department.

Next blog will pick up from December 6, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment