Thursday, February 27, 2014

MISSING 18 HOURS


MISSING 18 HOURS AND WAS NOT REPORTED

TRUTH

As I said in my last post Natalie Bright called me around 4:30 pm on November 23, 2010 and asked if I had talked to Jennifer that day.  She also called later in the evening and told me she was going to Olathe Lake to look for her and to the Olathe, KS Police Department to look for her.  I don't know if she did or not or if she was trying to get an alibi so if anyone asked, I would tell them about the conversation.

I will go into more about the Police Department later, but I must say that several people noticed she was gone at noon and her gun was missing.  No one called me and to this day I firmly believe they had an idea of the outcome and did absolutely nothing about it.

I stayed up most of that night trying to call Jennifer.  Early the next morning, November 24, 2010 I called Natalie Bright and she still had not heard from Jennifer and hadn't reported her missing to the Olathe, KS Police Department.  She told me she was going to work and she was going to drop Owen Bright off at our house as usual before going.

Instead of going to her job at the Johnson County Sheriffs Department, she went to the Olathe, KS Police Department and reported Jennifer missing.  They put an APB out on Jennifer's car license plate.

November 24, 2010.  Times were a blur then as they are now.  I can only guesstimate the hours of that devastating day.  Around 9:00 am Captain Greg O'Halloran (remember he was hosting one of the meetings Jennifer had the day before)  and Detective Bill Wall came to our house.  They told us that Natalie Bright filed a missing person report on Jennifer.  They asked us for a timeline of the last time we saw Jennifer.  The last time we saw Jennifer was November 22, two days before when she came to pick up Owen.  They asked my husband to search the house, which I thought was moronic because she could not have gotten into the house without us knowing.  After my husband looked around the house, he drove throughout the neighborhood.  No Jennifer. 

They left and said they would contact us if they heard anything.  They also asked me to call everybody I could think of who Jennifer might have contacted.  I called her long time friend Jill Schultze.  I called my sister Connie Russell.  I called Jennifer's ex-husband, Matt Morgan,  I called my uncle Father John Eldringhoff.  No one had seen or talked to Jennifer.

Around 11:00 am they came back, except Bill Wall (supposedly one of Jennifer's longest friends) did not come it was another Officer.  Remember, I had my grandson, Jennifer's son here on that day and he was having lunch in the kitchen watching cartoons.  I always sat with him during his lunch so he was extremely confused as to why these people were here.  My husband Dave and I knew it had to be bad news.  And, unfortunately we were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment